cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Outdoor / Scouting / Survival
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2007, 09:30 PM   #31
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
I just so happened to have my handbook with me at work today. It says (paraphrased because I type so slowly):

- They are allowed 3 - one night campouts per year.
- "Fathers are invited and encouraged to participate in the overnight camping experiences with their sons and with boys whose fathers cannot attend. All overnight camps must include at least two adults."
- They should not go on the same campouts as the older scouts.

I actually thought it said, as creekster mentioned, that dads are required to attend. But its clearly just recommended, not required. Our ward has done it both ways, depending on who's in charge.
This is what I meant by "a" parent--simply two deep leadership. This is the way the last three wards I've been in have done it over the past 10 years. All of these wards were pretty strict on keeping guidelines like this. I doubt they would blow the rule off.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote