cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2007, 02:49 PM   #21
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
is he paying attention? Just like all the massive respect Hawaii is getting?
I saw a bowl projection, SI I believe, where Hawaii was in a BCS bowl. There's two kinds of respect.

1, is the respect Boise and Hawaii and Utah got for beating up on non-BCS schools. The national guys pat them on their heads and say good job you get a BCS game if you go undefeated against that crap and we'll talk about you as being the best of the worst. But nowhere will we talk about you in the same breath as the real big boys: OK, USC, Mich, Ohio St, FL, LSU, etc.

2, is the respect Boise got for beating OK and the respect BYU was getting in the 80's and lesser degree 90's. This now puts you right there with the big boys and we don't look at you as one of the little guys anymore.

Bronco's goal is #1, I believe. But the AD's really the one who has to catch the vision and drive towards it. Holmoe's lost in all this. He's clueless and impotent.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote