cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road
Default Archaea's Ward

We went to sacrament meeting yesterday morning in Archaea's ward. It happened to be open mike week due to general conference. A sister got up and was bearing her testimony. At one point she said "I know this may offend someone, but I am going to say it anyway..." (that line always gets my attention) "I have not had home teachers or visiting teachers to my home in SIX MONTHS!".

After the meeting, Archaea walked up to me and and I said "Well, Brother Archaea, how are you doing on that home teaching?" But he just gave me a funny look. Perhaps he slept though that one. Or had his nose in his NRSV.

A few Somoans got up and gave lively testimonies. Then this guy with Down's syndrome got up and said "Brothers and Sisters, ALOHA!". Everybody yelled right back at him. He looked thrilled. My kids thought that was great.