cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2007, 05:05 PM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I think we would get more of the blue chip LDS kids, but I am not convinced that would be a huge boost. Most of the blue chip LDS kids are on both lines. The kids BYU gets for both lines are pretty much still very good. If BYU loses a Haloti Ngata, they still get plenty of Russel Tialeevas or Ethyn Malamenaluememealaameala. The step down is not so drastic.

So I tend to agree with you which is why I wonder why you want BYU in a BCS conference. Instead of whining about BYU not being recognized then you would whine about BYU losing. Think about how much 2002-2004 sucked. Further, BCS losers don't get recognition either. So it would be double whining which might be a positive, I don't know.
I've heard that Ethyn Malamenaluememealaameala is a non-qualifier. Too bad, as he's a beast against the run and the pass. It's not often a 6'5" 270 lb. kid that runs a 4.4 40 and has a 50" vertical leap comes along.

Then again, even if he was a qualifier, he wouldn't see the field for a few years, as he mentioned that a mission is in his plans and nothing will change his mind about that and he'd most likely redshirt as well. He wouldn't see the field until 2011.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote