cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2007, 06:17 AM   #11
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bright View Post
It's just a weird world we live in when people try to rationalize not raising their own children. If you're gonna stick your offspring in kiddie jail (daycare) at least be honest about it and admit that your kids aren't as high a priority to you as a bigger paycheck.

All these lame excuses don't hold much substance.
A bit of hyperbolic overstatement don't you think. I sent my daughter to daycare and she enjoyed it. They engaged her in ways that a single parent in the home cannot always do. We were lucky to have a quality daycare option.
My young son is at home with his mother, and while that is good in many ways there are some losses as well.
Maybe our experience is not statistically significant, but you'll never convince me that high quality care by another for your child is per se detrimental, nor do I believe that day care delivered by a mother (or any other parent) is per se more developmentally appropriate or enjoyable for a child.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote