cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2007, 05:00 PM   #11
Judge Smails

Judge Smails is on a distinguished road
Default all true

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Your background information, which is solid by the way, would be one reason why you were not upset nor saw a reason to be upset by the talk.

You probably don't understand why anyone gets bugged when single men are called out during conference either.

Also you live in Idaho.
My background info was an intentional disclaimer.

With that in mind, I am bugged by those I perceive to "kick against the pricks". There are clearly some gray areas related to stay at home mothers, single men, etc. I'm more bothered by Pro-choice mormons, or pro-lottery mormons, those who take the white stance, when the Church's position is clearly black.

While I think I could take some of the other talks more humbly than I did, I think a little humility might be in order (holy cow, I'm asking for it - duck and cover) for some who are so disgruntled by Sister Beck's talk. Does humility = quit your job/your wife's job and schedule 3 hours a day of family scripture study? No. But it would require acceptance of her talk for what it was - a talk that set the ideal, and was approved by men I believe to be Prophets of God in a forum that can be highly correlated (check me on this Indy) with "Thus Saith the Lord".

Anyone know where I can get some flame retardant.