cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2007, 01:30 AM   #19
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Farrah and I had some arguments about this back in the day when we were dating. Me: "that guy who flew up from California during his spring break, and showed up at your door at 11pm the night he got in, I think he's interested in you romantically." Farrah: "no way."
lol.

When I was dating that Brazilian girl last year and early this year, we'd decided to date exclusively. About a month in I notice a watch she's wearing I hadn't seen before, a VERY nice watch. The conversation ensues something like this:

Me: Wow..that's a really beautiful watch, I've never seen you where that before. Where'd you get it?

Her: Oh, I just got it from a friend.

Insert interruption here.....now NO GIRL ever says "I got it from a friend unless it's a GUY friend...if it's a girl friend of hers she always will refer to her by the girls actual name. Girls think that men don't pick up on that obvious communicating tactic.

Conversation continues.....

Me: Oh ok.

Her: You wanna know which friend don't you?

Me; I don't care

Her: It was from my guy friend in Houston, Raphael.

Me: When did he give it to you?

Her: Just a couple of weeks ago when he was in town. He took me out to dinner, a Jazz game and then gave me this watch as my Christmas present....please don't get mad at me....really,,,we're just friends and I knew you'd get upset if I went out with a guy friend.

Me: No, I wouldn't get upset if you were straight up with me and had been honest about it to begin with.

Her: He's a just friend.

Me: Right....Friends just roll into town around Christmas, take their friend out to dinner, a Jazz game and then roll out an extremely expensive watch as a Christmas present. I can only imagine how generous he is with his guy friends.

Her: That's not fair that you're acting jealous.

Me: Yeah, I suppose you're right to an extent...however it's not fair you weren't honest with me just until now either.

Her: Well he flies up here a couple times a year to visit with me and hang out.

Me: Wow,,,you're either completely and totally oblivious to this guys real intentions or you know and have rebuffed his advances. You do realize what he wants from you right?

Her: No, really we're just friends.

Me: So you don't realize or just don't want to realize?

Her: Why are you making such a big deal out of this?

Me: Yeah,,I guess I'm being an ass for wondering why my girlfriend went on a date with another man without telling me.

Her: It wasn't a date.

Me: Did you help pay for any of the date or did he pull out the money for the 5th row seats, dinner at The Roof and what you told me was a 2 thousand dollar watch? You're right,,,I'm dumb, it's not a date. He's not wanting anything from you at all......

Her: You're not being nice.

Me: Actually I think I'm the only one who actually gets what's happening here.

End of conversation...fast forward...relationship ends about 2 weeks later....I haven't heard from her since and vice versa. Come to find out from one of her best friends down in Orem that about 1 month after we broke up she moved down to Houston to live with the guy.

Dating sucks.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 09-20-2007 at 01:37 AM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote