cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-15-2007, 01:45 PM   #1
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road
Default Slingbox help!

I'm posting this under football, because if I don't get this resolved, I won't be able to see the Tulsa game. Posted it on CB as well.

It's actually more of a connectivity problem more than a Slingbox problem. Finally broke down and bought a Slingbox for a friend of mine over in Utah so I can see the games. But I can't get to the guy's box.

(Warning, technical stuff coming)

For some odd reason, we cannot get to each other's IP address. When I ping his box, I get a string of "Request timed out" responses, no matter how long I make the timeout length, or the TTL. He gets the same.

Weird thing is, when I do a traceroute, my signal gets all the way to him ... I get there in about 15 hops. But I can't ping, and Slingbox can't locate the IP address either.

I'm at my rope's end. I work in the Internet industry, so I know a few tricks, but I've never had this problem before. How come two publicly available IPs can't hit each other?

Any thoughts? I want to see Tulsa today!!

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote