cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2005, 04:01 PM   #1
WaterCat

WaterCat
Default John Beck: Happy feet and bad decision making...

Reg Schwenke's assessment of John Beck on Saturday is right on the money. I was very frustrated with Beck's inability to make a play when we really needed it. He was too impatient to wait for his receivers and telegraphed the few long passes that he threw at Watkins. I fault the O-Line for their penalties in the red zone but John Beck for not getting us a touchdown. Well, I'll put some blame on Joe Griffin for blowing an easy first down. Frustrating day for the offense.

Defensively I wonder why Bronco didn't adjust to the 5 and 6 offensive lineman that BC put in. Why not throw another D Lineman at them? When he did, it actually stopped their running game! BYU forced a fieldgoal by putting in four DLineman. I kept waiting for him to adjust by dropping the safeties, playing the corners tight on their receivers and throwing another lineman at them. Seemed like a no-brainer but I guess it didn't matter much in the end as the offense couldn't score anyway.

Here's Reg's article (will I be banned for linking to TBS?):

http://byu.scout.com/2/434075.html
WaterCat is offline   Reply With Quote