cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2006, 01:08 AM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Enforcing our moral opininons? You are really too much.

By consensus of LDS and NON-LDS, the peoples of various states have declared that gay marriages is an anathema and should not be allowed.

In California, there is no majority of LDS, but a majority of Californians simply refused to take the affirmative action of recognizing something never before recognized.

You are stating far more than you are willing to acknowledge. You are completely intellectually dishonest, without a doubt.

And the simple case of Rocky in SLC showed adding additional beneficiaries DOES cost money. There was a fiscal note to it.

And you make a logical conclusion which isn't compelled. What empirical proof do you have to show adding gay marriages will reduce the spread of disease? What categorical proof do you have gays would be monogamous? If you want to argue, they might be, then I can see an argument, but based on my surveys and knowledge of some of the activities that occur in the gay community, I would say you have no idea how promiscuous that tendency simply is. Adding a marriage construct would have little or no influence on the spread of disease, and there is no data to support that hypothesis.