cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2007, 03:16 PM   #11
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Last Sunday in sacrament meeting. He started off by saying "All we hear about at church are good examples. Well there are plenty of bad examples in life as well and we can learn from them too." He then covered a series of fascinating stories. He works as a therapists so he sees lots of things on a daily basis. At one point in his talk he said "I am a fast-driving, caffeine-loving, swearing, infrequent-temple-attending member of the church. And that's OK. We all struggle with things." He left off "democrat" (which is true).

Interestingly, folks are calling it the best talk in the history of the ward. Few people have the guts to be honest, but we crave honesty. It's wonderfully refreshing.
Image vs reality. I think many members are relieved to find they are like most, the reality not the image.

I feel the reality of the church is pretty darn good. Why are so many people guilt ridden to be part of the reality.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote