cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2006, 03:50 AM   #1
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa
Default This is a MUST see, please watch

This was posted over on Cougarboard and I watched the entire documentary tonight and to say the least it is chilling.

I'd already held the viewpoint established in the documentary, but it really hit home for me.

Even the most hardcore politically correct apologetics can't be unphased by this.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ly+About&hl=en

It's about an hour and seventeen minutes long, but I suggest you watch it in it's entirety.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:12 AM   #2
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa
This was posted over on Cougarboard and I watched the entire documentary tonight and to say the least it is chilling.

I'd already held the viewpoint established in the documentary, but it really hit home for me.

Even the most hardcore politically correct apologetics can't be unphased by this.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ly+About&hl=en

It's about an hour and seventeen minutes long, but I suggest you watch it in it's entirety.
PHENOMINALLY chilling. I think the most important point here is that there is a belief system, with hundreds of millions of adherents, whose sole purpose is to destroy the west. A whole generation has been endotrinated. We all had better wake up.

Right now we are ignoring the true scope of the problem.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:16 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan
PHENOMINALLY chilling. I think the most important point here is that there is a belief system, with hundreds of millions of adherents, whose sole purpose is to destroy the west. A whole generation has been endotrinated. We all had better wake up.

Right now we are ignoring the true scope of the problem.
I think this is an exaggeration. Hundreds of millions. If so, I would think we would have already suffered a second 9-11.

Remember, OBL wants us to be inflamed. He wants us to believe this is WWIII. He wants us to believe that we are at war with "hundreds of millions" and to act as such.

We need to work on empowering the moderates, and splitting off the radicals. Unfortunately our experiment in Iraq does not bode well for the future.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:23 AM   #4
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
I think this is an exaggeration. Hundreds of millions. If so, I would think we would have already suffered a second 9-11.

Remember, OBL wants us to be inflamed. He wants us to believe this is WWIII. He wants us to believe that we are at war with "hundreds of millions" and to act as such.

We need to work on empowering the moderates, and splitting off the radicals. Unfortunately our experiment in Iraq does not bode well for the future.
Watch the rest of it Mike.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:34 AM   #5
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road

It wont run on my computer... Did you download it manually or just click on the link and let it play?
Old 07-31-2006, 04:37 AM   #6
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

another must see posted on cougarboard

http://www.byucougars.com/movies/football06.html
Old 07-31-2006, 07:46 AM   #7
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:

So if there's 1.3 billion Muslims and an estimated 15% or so are radical fundamentalists...does that still make it an exaggeration?

Even if it were an exaggeration it certainly doesn't lessen the danger nor threat. Not by a long shot.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:28 PM   #8
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Very chilling.

I don't like the over-reliance on examples from Palestinians in the Occupied Territories. Occupation tends to radicalize populations. I wonder how many Palestinians would sing the same tune if a satisfactory solution were found to their plight.

Also, as I've said before, the riots in France were very far from evidence of a clash between civilizations or part of the radical Islamist war against the West. There were very legitimate economic reasons behind the unrest.

That said, the anti-Semitic, anti-American, anti-west themes promulgated in places like Iran, UAE, Saudi Arabia, by groups like Hezbollah, and in the Arabic media is very disturbing. Sadly, they reap what they sew and it is the innocents that pay the price (as at Qana). Worse yet, I doubt Hezbollah bats and eye at those civilian casualties, hypocritically counting all as good in the propaganda war against Israel and by extension, the West.

As my Lebanese friend said, I only fear the Israelis will not go far enough to take care of the problem.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:36 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah
Sadly, they reap what they sew and it is the innocents that pay the price (as at Qana).
When they reap what they sew is that stuff like those mittens that have connected by a string, and you run the string through the inside of your overcoat, so you don't lose your mittens?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:50 PM   #10
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
When they reap what they sew is that stuff like those mittens that have connected by a string, and you run the string through the inside of your overcoat, so you don't lose your mittens?
Yes, exactly.

My wife, over my protests, would buy those for my boys. Very immasculating.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote