cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2008, 11:44 PM   #1
OrangeUte

OrangeUte is on a distinguished road
Default JJ DiLuigi

I read in Phil Steele's book that this little speedster is "compared to LaDanian Tomlinson..." That actually gets me excited to watch BYU football this year! Other than Barry Sanders, i can't think of another rb that i have enjoyed watching as much as LaDanian.

Does anybody know how/whether his foot injury will slow him down or impede his ability to play?
OrangeUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 11:55 PM   #2
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
I read in Phil Steele's book that this little speedster is "compared to LaDanian Tomlinson..." That actually gets me excited to watch BYU football this year! Other than Barry Sanders, i can't think of another rb that i have enjoyed watching as much as LaDanian.

Does anybody know how/whether his foot injury will slow him down or impede his ability to play?
Phil Steele needs to simmer down

Word is that his foot is 100%.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 12:03 AM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I watched in the California high school game against that Northern power school.

He ran hard, shifty yet powerfully. He was impressive in that single game which featured a number of college bound players. We'll see how he plays at the next level.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:58 AM   #4
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
Phil Steele needs to simmer down

Word is that his foot is 100%.
Your word is complete opposite of the word I've been hearing.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:00 AM   #5
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
What the hell? Didn't he break it getting the newspaper or something? How bad is it?
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:59 PM   #6
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
With the orthopedic surgeons and podiatrists BYU has available, how can they not fix something as simple as some broke foot bones? And yes I've broken bones therein.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:36 PM   #7
Mars

Mars is on a distinguished road
Cool

April 13, 2008
BYU football: DiLuigi shines at Blue-White scrimmage
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,5143,695269940,00.html
Speaking of injuries, DiLuigi said he feels healthy now and the frustration he felt as a result of not being able to play a year ago is gone. "It was frustrating at times. But the coaches, my teammates and my family stood by me and made it more pleasant for me," DiLuigi said. "That's all in the past. We've already gone through a whole spring ball now. It's just on to fall. It's going to be an exciting summer."

April 13th, 2008
Young players seize opportunity in Blue/White
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=272&sid=3077041
While Mendenhall said he was pleased with what he saw from a number of younger players, the fans got a glimpse of at least one player who clearly took advantage of his opportunity. Redshirt freshman J.J. DiLuigi was credited with a scrimmage best 55 all-purpose yards, including 28 yards receiving and 27 yards rushing. "It felt great to be out here in this atmosphere," DiLuigi said. "It was a chance for the first-team guys to sit back and let us play. I was just trying to show the coaches that they could have faith in me. I felt like I had a pretty good day today. There's more to come."

April 13, 2008
BYU football ends spring with no further injuries
http://www.cougarblue.com/content/view/12596/90/
One offensive standout was redshirt freshman running back J.J. Di Luigi, who had success both running the ball and catching it out of the backfield. He displayed the quickness that have had observers buzzing ever since he signed with BYU... Di Luigi -- who sat out because of a foot injury last year -- said he enjoyed having the chance to play on that field in front of the fans... Joining Di Luigi in wowing the fans was fellow redshirt freshman Spencer Hafoka... Mendenhall said he liked what he saw from those two players in what they were able to do on Saturday. "Di Luigi is progressing and showed his versatility today," the Cougar head coach said... Another wide receiver -- junior Austin Collie -- also liked some of the things he saw from the young guys. "Di Luigi did an exceptional job out there," he said. "He's a great runner and he's shifty. He can make people miss. Hafoka also had some great grabs and great runs. It's promising to see the twos do so well. We've got a lot of talented guys." The talented wideout couldn't help but be a little jealous of players like Hafoka and Di Luigi that were on the field, but he understood the reasons. "I was biting my nails because I wanted to get in there," Collie said. "But the coaches and the trainers have done a great job keeping people healthy. We got better and we stayed healthy, and those were the main things this spring." Now the team turns their attention to getting in shape for the fall. "It's about training and working out," said Di Luigi. "Now we work toward getting ready for the season and getting further along toward our goals."

Mar 05 2008
On the Road with Cruiser: Bruiting About the Brutes
http://cougarlegion.com/2008/03/05/o...ut-the-brutes/
"Other players who are looking good in drills... J.J. DiLuigi (he’s got that hop in his step again and is looking stronger than ever)"
Old 06-15-2008, 05:41 AM   #8
Hot Lunch

Hot Lunch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post

I hope he lives up to the hype. He sure gets a lot of love for not even playing a down of college football.
Hot Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 12:33 AM   #9
BYUTexan

BYUTexan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Lunch View Post
I hope he lives up to the hype. He sure gets a lot of love for not even playing a down of college football.
Scott Johnson or JJ?

The eyes of Texas are upon you Michael Reed (and David Nixon).
BYUTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:11 PM   #10
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

DiLuigi is overrated. He won't be all that and a bag of chips for BYU.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote