cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2008, 03:52 AM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Be sure to watch Austin Holt and Justin Sorensen tomorrow....

The are both starting in the US Army All-American game, with the best highschool players in the country. Just to be invited is huge but to also be named starters shows how good they are. Also Lynn Katoa from Cottonwood is starting.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:55 AM   #2
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I like Katoa,,,think he's a solid player....and I'm sure some will think I'm crazy about what I'm about to say...but I'm gonna say it anyway.

Michael Alisa will have a better college career than Katoa.

Alisa is a diamond in the rough. Total stud and one of those under the radar players that 3-4 years from now...maybe more depending on if he serves a mission...that people will be saying they couldn't believe he was a 2 Star rated recruit coming out of High School.

I've watched both play in person and saw them go head to head...and even with all the stars out on the field that day...Alisa was head and shoulders above everyone else...along with Junior Craig Bills and Xaiver Sua'filo.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:02 AM   #3
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I like Katoa,,,think he's a solid player....and I'm sure some will think I'm crazy about what I'm about to say...but I'm gonna say it anyway.

Michael Alisa will have a better college career than Katoa.

Alisa is a diamond in the rough. Total stud and one of those under the radar players that 3-4 years from now...maybe more depending on if he serves a mission...that people will be saying they couldn't believe he was a 2 Star rated recruit coming out of High School.

I've watched both play in person and saw them go head to head...and even with all the stars out on the field that day...Alisa was head and shoulders above everyone else...along with Junior Craig Bills and Xaiver Sua'filo.
Thats good to hear. Katoa will be tested tomorrow as his job is to spy Terrelle Pryor the Nations number 1 recruit. Pryor is 6'6 235 pounds and just ran a 4.38 at the All-american combine. He is the next Vince Young (in more ways than one has some mechanics problems) If Katoa can contain Pryor he will make a big name for himself.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:09 AM   #4
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I'm an informed BYU football fan until I read this stuff about HS recruits. It's impressive, albeit borderline pathetic, how much you guys know about these kids.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:56 AM   #5
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I think I'm an informed BYU football fan until I read this stuff about HS recruits. It's impressive, albeit borderline pathetic, how much you guys know about these kids.
No question about it.

I am a dork.
Old 01-05-2008, 05:03 AM   #6
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

I was just thinking the same thing. I don't mean it as a knock.

Do you guys actually attend HS games?

Since I graduated HS (almost 20 years ago...yikes), I have only attended a HS football game about 4 times......one, to see my nieces, who are cheerleaders, at my old HS. I think I have been to a few games (usually homecoming), including Ben Olson's Sr year.

Second, I went to a Long Beach Poly/Concorde De la Salle game about 6 years ago in Long Beach or Home Depot center or something like that. A bunch of guys went from work. It was kind of boring except to see whether their streak would be snapped (it wasnt).

I cannot imagine going to so many HS games to know all these recruits.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:15 AM   #7
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I was just thinking the same thing. I don't mean it as a knock.

Do you guys actually attend HS games?

Since I graduated HS (almost 20 years ago...yikes), I have only attended a HS football game about 4 times......one, to see my nieces, who are cheerleaders, at my old HS. I think I have been to a few games (usually homecoming), including Ben Olson's Sr year.

Second, I went to a Long Beach Poly/Concorde De la Salle game about 6 years ago in Long Beach or Home Depot center or something like that. A bunch of guys went from work. It was kind of boring except to see whether their streak would be snapped (it wasnt).

I cannot imagine going to so many HS games to know all these recruits.
Are you a freaking TO Lancer?

If so give my love to Brother Severn, I still recall him screwing my ward ball team my senior year......
Old 01-05-2008, 05:28 AM   #8
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Uh, oh. There's trouble abrewin'. Triplet Daddy may have just touched a nerve on the 'napper. The only thing he seems to hate more than breast reduction surgery is a TO Lancer.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:31 AM   #9
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Uh, oh. There's trouble abrewin'. Triplet Daddy may have just touched a nerve on the 'napper. The only thing he seems to hate more than breast reduction surgery is a TO Lancer.
Actually, I hate a Royal Lowlander more. But the only one of those I know that posts on these internet boards is ZiaCougar on Cougarboard and Utefans and he was my oldest brother's roomate at the BYU. He was a convert and it was my folks who took him thru the temple and all that jazz. Whenever a guy tells you that your parents are the equivalence of his guardian angels, how can you hate him? Even if my folks are psycho......
Old 01-05-2008, 06:06 AM   #10
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

If so give my love to Brother Severn, I still recall him screwing my ward ball team my senior year......
TOHS Class of 89.

I thought I had brought that one up several times, but maybe not here.

Ironically, did you know that your beloved Army Black Knight is actually a Lancer?

So you know Chief? I assume you are speaking metaphorically about his actions toward your team. If not, there is no statute of limitations for that sort of thing and perhaps your fascination with sexual innuendo now can be explained.

That guy was serious about ward ball. Did you ever meet his daughter Gina? Rowrr!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote