cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 04:44 PM   #1
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I just put in for my single game tickets

Of course I put in for 8 Utah tickets. Well, if you buy Utah single game tickets, they come in a package. You have to buy Eastern Washington tickets too. I don't blame BYU one bit. I am not mad about it. More power to them and get all the money they can if they have a product that is in demand.

However, as I have stated in the past, personally I get nauseated hearing about how BYU is different. We travel to a different beat than the rest of the college world I hear. When it comes to money we will get in there and get all we can like the rest of them. I am glad finally if they are going to get the most they can on the revenue side, they are willing to pay the people who bring it in.

Someone do a check, but I will bet most oil companies are run by members of the church.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Of course I put in for 8 Utah tickets. Well, if you buy Utah single game tickets, they come in a package. You have to buy Eastern Washington tickets too. I don't blame BYU one bit. I am not mad about it. More power to them and get all the money they can if they have a product that is in demand.

However, as I have stated in the past, personally I get nauseated hearing about how BYU is different. We travel to a different beat than the rest of the college world. When it comes to money we will get in their and get all we can like the rest of them.

Someone do a check, but I will bet most oil companies are run by members of the church.
I already posted my gripe about this. I think it sucks. And if they continue scheduling the Eastern Washington's of college football I'll be even more upset.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:56 PM   #3
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
I already posted my gripe about this. I think it sucks. And if they continue scheduling the Eastern Washington's of college football I'll be even more upset.
I think they should hand out BYU/Utah basketball tickets at the eastern washington game...double pay off for going to see BYU put 70 up on someone...AND fans don't have to sit through a ladies hoops game.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:58 PM   #4
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
Look, I am a Legacy member and have paid some good money to get some preferences. I get first crack at those single game tickets. I am not going to buy those tickets now, but I am not pissed.

I hope with all my heart people at BYU get the vision that great football brings in the money.

What will bug me is if I find out they are hitting up some people for money and subsidizing others. I think eveyone should pay up for priorities. Let those others get their reward in heaven.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:49 PM   #5
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

However, as I have stated in the past, personally I get nauseated hearing about how BYU is different. We travel to a different beat than the rest of the college world I hear. When it comes to money we will get in there and get all we can like the rest of them. I am glad finally if they are going to get the most they can on the revenue side, they are willing to pay the people who bring it in.

There were over 70 1-AA games played last year in 1-A football. You make this sound like this is a BYU problem.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #6
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
There were over 70 1-AA games played last year in 1-A football. You make this sound like this is a BYU problem.
Indy are you trolling or do you have your head up your butt. Tell me where I said this is a BYU problem. I commended them for taking advantage of the demand for the product. I hope they are learning great football is bringing in the fans and money.

The only problem I have with BYU football is the fans like you who think an emphasis on spiritual players is what is bringing in the fans.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:04 PM   #7
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The only problem I have with BYU football is the fans like you who think an emphasis on spiritual players is what is bringing in the fans.
You're accusing ME of trolling?

The problem I have with you is how often you come up with f-ed up comments like this. I have never said nor believed that an emphasis on spiritual players is what is bringing in fans.

You know after harping on the same topic time and time and time and time and time again, one would hope you were actually better at making the argument by now, but you aren't.

Last edited by Indy Coug; 08-06-2007 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Decorum
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:06 PM   #8
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
You're accusing ME of trolling?

The problem I have with you is how often you come up with fucked up comments like this. I have never said nor believed that an emphasis on spiritual players is what is bringing in fans.

You know after harping on the same topic time and time and time and time and time again, one would hope you were actually better at making the argument by now, but you aren't.
Typical overreaction. We have argued the attendance thing in the past. However, the current subject is where did I say it was a BYU problem or are you once again deciding for someone what they were saying.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:07 PM   #9
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I for one am stunned that 71 is bitching and moaning about tickets, tickets situation, etc,,etc,,, down at BYU.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:10 PM   #10
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I for one am stunned that 71 is bitching and moaning about tickets, tickets situation, etc,,etc,,, down at BYU.
Another trolling comment. Where am I bitching Rocky. I think it is great they are coupling the tickets, I just don't need the extra tickets that bad. I wanted some extras for people who beg for them later in the year, like you.

Now if you are referring to the tickets at the Vegas Bowl. Yea, I bitch about that one.