cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default okay it's down to these 2 mountain bikes..

per the recommendation of Q, i've been talking with sam over at canyon sports... WOW! there isn't anything this guy doesn't know... absolutely amazing. he has me looking at 2 different Jamis bikes.

the first is the 2006 Dakar XLT 2.0

http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/bikes/...dakarxlt2.html

and the second bike is the 2006 Dakar XC Comp

http://www.jamisbikes.com/usa/bikes/...karxccomp.html
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 07:11 PM   #2
bYuPride

I decided on the XC comp... i'm excited to take it out... we're going up to Park City tomorrow. woo woo.

Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:51 PM   #3
mtnbiker310

mtnbiker310

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
I decided on the XC comp... i'm excited to take it out... we're going up to Park City tomorrow. woo woo.
Looks like you didn't need any of us to help you make a decision. Should we feel glad for you that you figured it out on your own, or peeved that you ignored all our suggestions? ;-)

Last edited by mtnbiker310; 06-15-2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: delete image
mtnbiker310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:28 PM   #4
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker310 View Post
Looks like you didn't need any of us to help you make a decision. Should we feel glad for you that you figured it out on your own, or peeved that you ignored all our suggestions? ;-)
yeah, i gave you all 20 minutes to respond and nobody posted anything so i had to go with what i felt. i have to say i didn't figure it out on my own, the guy who helped me was awesome and knew everything about these particular bikes. (thanks again Q for sending me to him)... anyway, i'd like some feedback from you on how i did. i like to rely on you bike experts to make me more confident in my bike so only positive comments please!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 06-15-2007, 09:04 PM   #5
mtnbiker310

mtnbiker310

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
...only positive comments please!
crickets chirping

Actually, I was going to ask if you wanted to meet at the Bike Peddler event tomorrow morning to try their demo bikes, but since you've already pulled the trigger and have other plans....

Last edited by mtnbiker310; 06-15-2007 at 09:06 PM. Reason: add more
Old 06-15-2007, 09:22 PM   #6
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbiker310 View Post
crickets chirping

Actually, I was going to ask if you wanted to meet at the Bike Peddler event tomorrow morning to try their demo bikes, but since you've already pulled the trigger and have other plans....
whatever man! my bike rules! ha ha! it'll be fine for what i want to do... shoot that would have been fun to see the other bikes.

"I'm on my beater bike"

Old 06-15-2007, 10:45 PM   #7
mtnbiker310

mtnbiker310

Glad to see you settled on a bike. That one looks pretty sweet, and I think you'll have a blast on it.