cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2008, 12:01 AM   #1
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is there a bigger political flop

in recent memory than Rudy? Less than six months ago conventional wisdom was that he had the nomination pretty much sewn up, destined to become the first pro-choice Republican on the ballet. Now he's scrapping for third place in the first primary in which he's chosen to compete. His political strategists should be sued for fraud.

If anything, this campaign has shown that Rudy has immensely poor judgment, which should eliminate any rational person from supporting his bid.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:14 AM   #2
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
in recent memory than Rudy? Less than six months ago conventional wisdom was that he had the nomination pretty much sewn up, destined to become the first pro-choice Republican on the ballet. Now he's scrapping for third place in the first primary in which he's chosen to compete. His political strategists should be sued for fraud.

If anything, this campaign has shown that Rudy has immensely poor judgment, which should eliminate any rational person from supporting his bid.
Rudy's campaign reminds me of a campaign for freshman class president in high school. A guy in our school named Tom Kim (nice, smart guy by the way) ran on the slogan of "Vote for me. I'll do good."

Tom didn't get many votes.

Rudy's campaign has about all the pizazz of Tom's.
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:29 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought Rudy was always a longshot. No service except mayor. Liberal on many issues that are frankly deal breakers for conservatives--abortion and gun rights.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:42 AM   #4
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
in recent memory than Rudy, destined to become the first pro-choice Republican on the ballet. Now d.
Surely he is not the first Pro-choice Republican "on the ballet" ya'll have got the Log Cabin Republicans don't you? Speaking of which, what exactly goes on in that Log Cabin? And isn't the word Log rather an unfortunate image for this type of group.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:47 AM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Jimmy Carter?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:56 AM   #6
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitdad View Post
Surely he is not the first Pro-choice Republican "on the ballet" ya'll have got the Log Cabin Republicans don't you? Speaking of which, what exactly goes on in that Log Cabin? And isn't the word Log rather an unfortunate image for this type of group.
Whoops. I got creeksteritis there for a minute.

I think the Log Cabin folks got the name from the belief that Abe Lincoln wouldn't mind a Larry Craig toe tap.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote