cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2007, 05:49 PM   #1
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finally saw The Bourne Ultimatum ...

Boy was I disappointed. What a weak culmination to two other very good films. Lot's of holes in the story and uncharacteristic idiocy on the part of Mr. Bourne.

Too bad.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:19 PM   #2
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
Boy was I disappointed. What a weak culmination to two other very good films. Lot's of holes in the story and uncharacteristic idiocy on the part of Mr. Bourne.

Too bad.
I kind of liked it, although you are correct, there was definitely some idiocy on the part of Mr. Bourne that was unacceptable in my opinion.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:21 PM   #3
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:

Too bad.
Is the camera shaky the whole time like the director hopped up the cameramen on I.V.'s of Red Bull like the other 2 movies?

That's by far the most annoying aspect of the Bourne movies.

I got the 3rd one for Christmas and haven't watched it yet...maybe this weekend with the GF.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:22 PM   #4
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:

Too bad.
I liked it the most of the 3, although the "idiocy" of Bourne was odd. I think it just showed he was human and was sometimes driven more by passion than by logic.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:28 PM   #5
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Well, I must be an idiot. What is this "idiocy" that everyone is talking about?
Old 12-27-2007, 07:37 PM   #6
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Well, I must be an idiot. What is this "idiocy" that everyone is talking about?
I had an issue with the part where he called and told the guy he was standing in his office. There was also the bit where he just left the one girl chilling outside of the cafe or whatever with no kind of meeting place, backup plan, instructions. The part where he goes directly to the address the lady gave him knowing that they'll be right behind him, instead of waiting and taking his time. I don't know, just didn't make a lot of sense to me.

and this jumping through glass business, like anyone really walks away without a scratch after that kind of thing, or gets in a series of serious car accidents and still just hops out and walks away without attracting any attention from bystanders.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:46 PM   #7
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
I had an issue with the part where he called and told the guy he was standing in his office. There was also the bit where he just left the one girl chilling outside of the cafe or whatever with no kind of meeting place, backup plan, instructions. The part where he goes directly to the address the lady gave him knowing that they'll be right behind him, instead of waiting and taking his time. I don't know, just didn't make a lot of sense to me.

and this jumping through glass business, like anyone really walks away without a scratch after that kind of thing, or gets in a series of serious car accidents and still just hops out and walks away without attracting any attention from bystanders.
You do realize in any action movie that feats of physical impossibility are one of the main allures as to why people enjoy them and is one of the big draws of action movies?
Old 12-27-2007, 07:47 PM   #8
tooblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post

Bingo, as stated above! Also, what was the point of the newspaper reporter getting killed ... the writers summarily dismantled any alternate threat to the CIA/NSA world unlike the first two. Terrible writing. What was the frigg'n point?

In the first two there was always the threat that the rest of the CIA/NSA agents would find out which created a rich subplot and additional tension. Eliminate the threat of exposure and you have nothing but Bourne verses a bunch of guys you have never seen before and niether loath or care about. Stupid.

In the second movie the Pamela Landi character was strong and powerful, in this flic she was relegated to hapless blonde that can't do anything until the tough anti-hero saves her bacon. Incomprehensible.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:48 PM   #9
RockyBalboa

The problem I have with the movies is excising Carlos out of the storylines.

Lame.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:49 PM   #10
tooblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
You do realize in any action movie that feats of physical impossibility are one of the main allures as to why people enjoy them and is one of the big draws of action movies?
Yes, yes ... but in the previous movies he is shown battered, bruised and bloodied. In this movie he's freaking superman at the end.