cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 03:01 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dustin Gabriel

is having 4 surgeries.

Both feet, his finger (which sounds like it involves taking tendon from his wrist). I'm not sure what the fourth is.

He quit because he couldn't run anymore. He could only jog.

He is not likely to return with a medical redshirt. His wife is against it. Doesn't sound like he favors it much either. But then again, he had decided not to play this year due to the concussions. And he changed his mind on that.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 03:31 PM   #2
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
is having 4 surgeries.

Both feet, his finger (which sounds like it involves taking tendon from his wrist). I'm not sure what the fourth is.

He quit because he couldn't run anymore. He could only jog.

He is not likely to return with a medical redshirt. His wife is against it. Doesn't sound like he favors it much either. But then again, he had decided not to play this year due to the concussions. And he changed his mind on that.
Him playing 13 games last year without hurting himself permanently was God's great gift to Dustin and a miracle. Take last year as his final memory of competitive football, bask in it, roll around nekkid on pictures of his interception & TD return and Johnny Harline open wider than Jenna Jameson's coochie coochie coo. But another year of competitive D1A football will take 30 years from Dustin's body.

I was amazed he made it through last year and did not expect him to play many games this year. He needs to just hang it up.