cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road
Default Tebow apologizes

Quote:
I just want to say one thing. To the fans and everyone in Gator Nation. I'm sorry, extremely sorry. We were hoping for an undefeated season. That was my goal. It's something that's never been done here. But I will promise you one thing. A lot of good will come out of this. You will never see any player in the country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season. You will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push the rest of the season. You will never see a team play harder than we will the rest of the season. God bless.
okay, am I a cynic or was that the most obvious Heisman campaign speech in the history of Heisman campaigning? I think he must have borrowed McCain's speechwriter.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:39 PM   #2
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
okay, am I a cynic or was that the most obvious Heisman campaign speech in the history of Heisman campaigning? I think he must have borrowed McCain's speechwriter.
I still dont understand why on that 4th and 1, they ran the most obvious play I have ever seen. Why not give Tebow a run pass option. It was an awful call by Mullen.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #3
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
I've got to go, Tim. It's all right. I'm not afraid. Some time, Tebow, when the team is up against it, when things are wrong and the breaks are beating the boys, ask them to go in there with all they've got and win just one for the Tripster. I don't know where I'll be then, Tim. But I'll know about it, and I'll be happy.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #4
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I've got to go, Tim. It's all right. I'm not afraid. Some time, Tebow, when the team is up against it, when things are wrong and the breaks are beating the boys, ask them to go in there with all they've got and win just one for the Tripster. I don't know where I'll be then, Tim. But I'll know about it, and I'll be happy.
Tim: "But you don't understand. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it."
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:58 PM   #5
CardiacCoug

CardiacCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I still dont understand why on that 4th and 1, they ran the most obvious play I have ever seen. Why not give Tebow a run pass option. It was an awful call by Mullen.
Agreed. That was a terrible, totally predictable call. If they run an option play they get the first down easily. The coaches deserve all the blame for that one.
CardiacCoug is offline   Reply With Quote