cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do we give Utah a "pass" this year in football?

I mean...come on...they are decimated. One can't even begin smack talk when half their team is in the emergency room.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #2
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg View Post
I mean...come on...they are decimated. One can't even begin smack talk when half their team is in the emergency room.
I think mocking their fans using the quotes they used about BYU is fair game. I am not so gung ho on mocking Utah woes, but I do think that BYU's reloading allows to rub the noses of the outspoken and arrogant Ute fans, who reveled so much in BYU woes and made such audacious predictions concerning BYU's demise, in the present BYU success. Their own woes just make it a little more painful.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Our own fans didn't give our team a pass in 2003, so why in the hell would we give our arch-rivals a pass now?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:50 PM   #4
Insensitive PAP

Insensitive PAP

I thought they would suck this year anyway, you can't take that away from me just because they have excuses.
Insensitive PAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:52 PM   #5
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Our own fans didn't give our team a pass in 2003, so why in the hell would we give our arch-rivals a pass now?
I must admit feeling a bit guilty when I read their whining about Whittingham. I think that the injuries are part of the deal, but Whit is also in over his head.

I also think that in this day and age there is a reality that momentum is one of the greatest forces in the universe. I just don't think Whitt will be able to rebound from these setbacks. Similar to Crowton he is going to lose his team this year and next year they will be going through the motions waiting for him to be fired.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:52 PM   #6
Donuthole

Donuthole is on a distinguished road

They (their fans, that is) earned everything they're getting during their 730-day reign of terror.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:57 PM   #7
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

We give the players a pass, our friendly Utes a shoulder to cry on (goatnapper's that is) and the obnoxious Zuties the "How the hell are you?"
Old 09-10-2007, 09:58 PM   #8
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insensitive PAP View Post
I thought they would suck this year anyway, you can't take that away from me just because they have excuses.
I think you thought similar to me. BJ was good and a good BJ can make up for a whole lot of ugly. Their biggest issue was the lack of depth on both lines. The other injuries are only compounding the issue. I thought the should have been better than BYU this year, given what BYU was losing, but the margin was not that great and if there were injuries, and I was focussing on their lines where they have so many freshman in the two deep, they were screwed. Well not screwed, but would be a 6-7 win team.

Now they are screwed.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:58 PM   #9
Insensitive PAP

Insensitive PAP
Default Thank Goodness for Lake Powell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I must admit feeling a bit guilty when I read their whining about Whittingham. I think that the injuries are part of the deal, but Whit is also in over his head.

I also think that in this day and age there is a reality that momentum is one of the greatest forces in the universe. I just don't think Whitt will be able to rebound from these setbacks. Similar to Crowton he is going to lose his team this year and next year they will be going through the motions waiting for him to be fired.
That place is like Never Never Land for Kryle. The house boat, chopping through whitecaps at 10 MPH, subtle breeze in MAFU Jr's face -- all the worldly cares disappear. McCrowtingham can draw up new Star Wars defenses subbing Twinkies for players on the Lido deck.
Insensitive PAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #10
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insensitive PAP View Post
That place is like Never Never Land for Kryle. The house boat, chopping through whitecaps at 10 MPH, subtle breeze in MAFU Jr's face -- all the worldly cares disappear. McCrowtingham can draw up new Star Wars defenses subbing Twinkies for players on the Lido deck.
At LSU, it is amazing what Crowton can do with a boatload of SEC talent.