cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2009, 12:46 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Awesome.....LOL

one of my mission friends, who is not a BYU grad, contacted me to let me know he was at the BYU/Utah game and rushed the field after the game.

BYU is like Notre Dame. Lots of non-alum fans. Utah OTOH....not so much.

I used to rush the field at every A&M win that I attended. It was very common back then, because the Corps would rush the field and grab their male cheerleaders and carry them off to a fountain to dunk them in it (part of their heterosexual traditions). Then some people got hurt and they had to stop it. I probably took my life into my own hands a couple of times when I did that.

Even though I don't consider the Utah win to be a big win, I think it's ok for a BYU fan to have rushed the field after the game. IF the purpose was to taunt the Ute players and coaches and jock sniffers. But to celebrate a victory against that commuter school, pretty amateur.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:13 AM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
one of my mission friends, who is not a BYU grad, contacted me to let me know he was at the BYU/Utah game and rushed the field after the game.

BYU is like Notre Dame. Lots of non-alum fans. Utah OTOH....not so much.

I used to rush the field at every A&M win that I attended. It was very common back then, because the Corps would rush the field and grab their male cheerleaders and carry them off to a fountain to dunk them in it (part of their heterosexual traditions). Then some people got hurt and they had to stop it. I probably took my life into my own hands a couple of times when I did that.

Even though I don't consider the Utah win to be a big win, I think it's ok for a BYU fan to have rushed the field after the game. IF the purpose was to taunt the Ute players and coaches and jock sniffers. But to celebrate a victory against that commuter school, pretty amateur.
Does UT ever rush the field when it defeats the largest commuter school in the land, TAM?
Old 12-01-2009, 01:31 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Does UT ever rush the field when it defeats the largest commuter school in the land, TAM?
Do you know what a commuter school is? A&M is the opposite of a commuter school.

I can't speak to the habits of t.u. I try not to watch them play, and certainly don't watch the end of their wins.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote