cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2008, 04:29 AM   #1
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Stay classy, Republicans!

Elizabeth Dole's new campaign ad features Hagan, her opponent, saying at the end of the ad, "There is no God!" Only problem: it isn't Hagan's voice. It is the voice of an impersonator hired by the Dole campaign. In point of fact, Hagan is a Sunday School teacher who attends church regularly.

Nice. Maybe you should have just stuck with the classy TERRORIST ads McCain is mailing instead.

What a joke.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:37 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Elizabeth Dole's new campaign ad features Hagan, her opponent, saying at the end of the ad, "There is no God!" Only problem: it isn't Hagan's voice. It is the voice of an impersonator hired by the Dole campaign. In point of fact, Hagan is a Sunday School teacher who attends church regularly.

Nice. Maybe you should have just stuck with the classy TERRORIST ads McCain is mailing instead.

What a joke.
What are your thoughts about the blatant lies from the Obama campaign in the Spanish language ads?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:59 AM   #3
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:

What a joke.
According to this article, it's not an impersonator, but the executive director of the Godless Americans PAC whose fundraiser Hagan was attending.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/3844708/

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:01 AM   #4
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
What are your thoughts about the blatant lies from the Obama campaign in the Spanish language ads?
I feel the two aren't even remotely comparable. I posted on the Spanish ad before.

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showpos...8&postcount=17

How do you feel about the Dole ad?
Old 10-30-2008, 05:02 AM   #5
Tex

Quote:
I feel the two aren't even remotely comparable. I posted on the Spanish ad before.

Heh. In that link you defend the distortion of Limbaugh's comments, essentially proving IPU's point that you're a partisan hack. Pretty funny.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 10-30-2008, 05:03 AM   #6
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
According to this article, it's not an impersonator, but the executive director of the Godless Americans PAC whose fundraiser Hagan was attending.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/3844708/
Somehow, I knew Tex would come to Dole's defense! It is in his DNA. He sees a classless attack, knows it is classless, but is incapable of doing anything but defending it. For Tex to attack a classless Republican ad would be like matter and anti-matter meeting. It isn't possible for Tex, not without destroying himself.

Even Alex Castellanos has denounced the ad (same with Ed Rollins). Yes, THAT Alex Castellanos, the one behind the Jesse Helms ad. He thought Dole went too far.

Stay classy, Tex.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:05 AM   #7
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Heh. In that link you defend the distortion of Limbaugh's comments, essentially proving IPU's point that you're a partisan hack. Pretty funny.
I fail to see any distortion of Limbaugh's comments. The comments are representative of his views. The distortion was in tying Limbaugh to McCain, which I said was unfair.

I hope there are more Republicans like you who step up to defend Dole's ad. It will ensure another Republican bites the dust in the Senate. Go Tex, Go!
Old 10-30-2008, 05:05 AM   #8
Tex

Quote:
Somehow, I knew Tex would come to Dole's defense! It is in his DNA. He sees a classless attack, knows it is classless, but is incapable of doing anything but defending it. For Tex to attack a classless Republican ad would be like matter and anti-matter meeting. It isn't possible for Tex, not without destroying himself.

Even Alex Castellanos has denounced the ad (same with Ed Rollins). Yes, THAT Alex Castellanos, the one behind the Jesse Helms ad. He thought Dole went too far.

Stay classy, Tex.
I didn't defend the ad. I clarified your lie.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 10-30-2008, 05:06 AM   #9
Tex

Quote:
I fail to see any distortion of Limbaugh's comments.
Because you are a partisan hack.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 10-30-2008, 05:09 AM   #10
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I haven't heard/seen it, but if you're accurate about it, then shame on Dole and the McCain camp.

How can you say they're not comparable? Obama's ad was a flat out lie. You're saying that this ad with Dole is a lie, correct?

The link to your post was nothing but an Obama apologist's take on it. The ad was full of lies and you played your typical "yeah, but McCain does this" game.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.

Last edited by il Padrino Ute; 10-30-2008 at 05:12 AM.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote