cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Morgan Freeman for president

Someone on CB suggested Morgan Freeman as president as compared to Obama. It was extremely racist the way it was suggested, but hey i've been thinking about it. I would definitely vote for Morgan Freeman over Obama. In fact I'd vote for him over McCain, and maybe even Romney. In fact I can't think of any other American white or black politician or not i'd rather have as president than Morgan Freeman. The dude is very smart, high morals, very experienced, presidential, and relates to people. Only person I might vote for over Freeman is Dennis Haysbert.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Someone on CB suggested Morgan Freeman as president as compared to Obama. It was extremely racist the way it was suggested, but hey i've been thinking about it. I would definitely vote for Morgan Freeman over Obama. In fact I'd vote for him over McCain, and maybe even Romney. In fact I can't think of any other American white or black politician or not i'd rather have as president than Morgan Freeman. The dude is very smart, high morals, very experienced, presidential, and relates to people. Only person I might vote for over Freeman is Dennis Haysbert.
How do you know he is smart and has high morals?
Old 06-06-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
scottie

scottie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What's your favorite Morgan Freeman acting performance? I'd have to go with Shawshank Redemption.

"Rehabilitated? Well now, let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means...I know what you think it means. To me, it's just a made-up word, a politician's word so that young fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie and have a job. What do you really want to know? Am I sorry for what I did?...There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. And not because I'm in here or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then. A young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him. Tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone. This old man is all that's left. I gotta live with that. 'Rehabilitated?' That's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your forms, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit."
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
scottie

scottie is on a distinguished road

Love Youtube...

scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #5
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
How do you know he is smart and has high morals?
You've never seen any of his movies?
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:23 PM   #6
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You've never seen any of his movies?
Good point. Let's elect his writers. "Ikm not a bad president, my part wqas just written that way."
Old 06-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #7
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd vote for him. He's shown leadership and courage in the face of desperate times. Like, remember the time when that comet threatened our very existence, and he came up with the idea of a lottery to put 800,000 people into shelters so that we would continue to live? That's the kind of innovation and forward thinking that I want in my president.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 05:27 PM   #8
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Only person I might vote for over Freeman is Dennis Haysbert.
Sadly, if Haysbert were on the ticket, I can guarantee you would not be alone in voting for him. Not to say I would vote for him, but I know of people who would.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:05 PM   #9
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

This post reminds me of the Phil Hendrie Show where Bobbie Dooley, (maybe it was Margaret Gray), wanted to boycott Hollywood for making God black in Bruce Almighty.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:04 AM   #10
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Love Youtube...

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote