cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 02:36 AM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Morning after pill

I've paid so little attention to politics and such for so long that I'm not sure what church's official stance on morning after pill. I read this article

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...l_x.htm?csp=34

This appears to be an important development.

I know the or at least I think the church is against morning after pill, and I believe I've heard some equate it to abortion. I'm usually not this dense on matters, but I haven't had any reason to pay attention to this detail before and it made me curious upon reading the article.

Has the church made this official. Does using the morning after pill fall make you guilty of "have you ever had or paid for an abortion?"
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:40 AM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

No it prevents implantation much like an IUD. I believe the Church hasn't given an official decision.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:44 AM   #3
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos
I've paid so little attention to politics and such for so long that I'm not sure what church's official stance on morning after pill. I read this article

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...l_x.htm?csp=34

This appears to be an important development.

I know the or at least I think the church is against morning after pill, and I believe I've heard some equate it to abortion. I'm usually not this dense on matters, but I haven't had any reason to pay attention to this detail before and it made me curious upon reading the article.

Has the church made this official. Does using the morning after pill fall make you guilty of "have you ever had or paid for an abortion?"
Are you confusing the morning after pill with the abortion pill RU486? The morning after pill is just a high dose of birth control that prevents implantation. It's no different that using an IUD.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:16 AM   #4
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue
Are you confusing the morning after pill with the abortion pill RU486? The morning after pill is just a high dose of birth control that prevents implantation. It's no different that using an IUD.
Yes, I think I am. I think I've heard my mother-in-law equating the morning after pill with abortion but she would johnny lingo look liberal. I try to ignore it usually.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote