cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Texas Justice

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/...r-1714029.html

Barton should be shot for destroying lives. What a waste of a piece of shit of a human being. Shit has more value than Barton.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Strange. I thought all LDS businessmen could be trusted. Did he not cry during testimony meeting?

One thing I do not do is mix church with business.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #3
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Strange. I thought all LDS businessmen could be trusted. Did he not cry during testimony meeting?

One thing I do not do is mix church with business.
Several aspects are weird.

Why invest everything you have in a business you don't thoroughly understand? Ty obviously asked questions but did not verify. Trust but verify.

Second, be very careful of doing business on " brother" basis. Why use less diligence with a member than you would elsewhere. A TR is not a credit reference.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a financial adviser. I think he is legit. He is managing my money. But part of me wonders if he could be socking away stuff without my knowledge. I don't entirely blame Ty, because just as in a lot of things, we have to rely on the expertise and morals of others. Like in fixing our automobiles.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
Yz1

Yz1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Several aspects are weird.

Why invest everything you have in a business you don't thoroughly understand? Ty obviously asked questions but did not verify. Trust but verify.

Second, be very careful of doing business on " brother" basis. Why use less diligence with a member than you would elsewhere. A TR is not a credit reference.
I don't understand the invest everything either.

Ty may have been agressive on the field, but he seems pretty laid back in life. Very hard to believer that he would risk it all after working hard for 15 years in the NFL to build up a secure future, and more money than most people will ever see.

Just on his name alone, he would find steady income the rest of his life (see the HS coaching job). No need to try and maximize the millions in the bank.
Yz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I have a financial adviser. I think he is legit. He is managing my money. But part of me wonders if he could be socking away stuff without my knowledge. I don't entirely blame Ty, because just as in a lot of things, we have to rely on the expertise and morals of others. Like in fixing our automobiles.
I would not feel comfortable with anybody who told me to place all my eggs in one basket.

Yes we rely upon investors, but going with the little investment firms is often a danger signal. The bigger firms charge too much money, don't give very solid advice as it's usually very mild and conservative, but there's usually there to sue if things go south.