cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road
Default guns and the war on terrorism: Mike, you'll like this

Apparently the democrats want to use Bush's top secret list of undesirables to prevent anyone on it from buying guns. The beauty of this is that the dems probably know full well there are all sorts of non-terrorists on the Bush list and now they can keep them from buying guns. The best part is because of the secret nature of this list, if you are prevented from purchasing firearms the government doesn't even have to tell you why you're a suspected terrorist, or share any evidence with you.

Republicans, listen up. This is why you don't hand over new broad powers to the feds. The next party will step right up and do something with those powers that you won't like. This is why I will never cast another vote for either major party. I'm not even into guns very much, but this scares me.

http://blogs.ajc.com/bob-barr-blog/2...nd-government/

Last edited by BlueK; 06-29-2009 at 10:18 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm totally against these police state tactics.

The dems want to be able to say that NRA is pro-terrorist. I hate those dems.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:11 PM   #3
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll say it again - The first thing needed to establish a totalitarian state is to disarm the citizens. If Obama and the rest of the Dems have their way, the 2nd Amendment will be removed from the Constitution.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #4
BlueK

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I'll say it again - The first thing needed to establish a totalitarian state is to disarm the citizens. If Obama and the rest of the Dems have their way, the 2nd Amendment will be removed from the Constitution.
And they're using the unconstitutional tools of the previous administration to try to do it. Blame the dems all you want, but the problem is not just with how they want to use this list that has over ONE MILLION names already on it. The real issue is we think it's ok to let the government watch our citizens this way. I thought the patriot act wasn't going to be abused. I was just supposed to trust the government on that one. Bullshit. Government will always abuse power. That's why we have a Constitution that tries to limit what they can do.

Last edited by BlueK; 06-29-2009 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
And they're using the unconstitutional tools of the previous administration to try to do it. Blame the dems all you want, but the problem is not just with how they want to use this list that has over ONE MILLION names already on it. The real issue is we think it's ok to let the government watch our citizens this way. I thought the patriot act wasn't going to be abused. I was just supposed to trust the government on that one. Bullshit. Government will always abuse power. That's why we have a Constitution that tries to limit what they can do.
Oh, the GOP is certainly not blameless here; however, the Dems are far more anti-2nd Amendment than the Republicans could ever think of being because of the base of each party.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:39 AM   #6
BlueK

Quote:
Oh, the GOP is certainly not blameless here; however, the Dems are far more anti-2nd Amendment than the Republicans could ever think of being because of the base of each party.
each party has its own problems of taking away our freedoms. Of course it's the dems who want to take away the right to bear arms. But the fact the previous administration thought it was ok to watch us without our consent makes this next move by the dems possible. So much for the jerks who kept deriding people like me for worrying about the abuse of power that helped make this next abuse even possible. Over a million Americans on the terrorist list. Are you freaking kidding me? And now that the undesirables list has been established, what's there to stop every administration from adding names for whatever reason they feel like? And it's secret so they don't even need to tell you you're on there. One state, I think it was Nebraska did their own list and included the entire rolls of the state Libertarian party. No joke. The party fought that one and was taken off. But seriously, where does the abuse stop?

Last edited by BlueK; 06-30-2009 at 02:52 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:11 AM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
...where does the abuse stop?
Excellent question.

Perhaps it stops when the people finally quit voting for the incumbents.

Old 06-30-2009, 03:31 AM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Terrorism is the canard that will be used to strip us of our liberty and make us slaves.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #9
BlueK

Quote:
Excellent question.

Perhaps it stops when the people finally quit voting for the incumbents.
to me the incumbents basically means all democrats and all republicans. They're just two sides of the same coin.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

People are sheep, people are a commodity to be exploited.

Normal people should not be trusted with anything important, as long as we have uber-mentsch like Cheney and Obama to watch over us.

History tells us that the primary means of obtaining liberty is through sacrifice, revolution, morality, and, yes, violence.

If you believe in freedom and liberty, how come you aren't a gun owner? It's your duty.