cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road
Default Maybe the best McCain ad yet

This is just hilarious ... underscores the all the hubris and sycophancy that goes with the Obama campaign.

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/143513.html

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #2
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

The punchline is incoherent: "He may be the one, but is he ready to lead?" If he's the one, then he's ready to lead.

The ad will turn more people off than it will attract, by far. It's sarcasm placed in nice contrast with Obama's optimism.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
This is just hilarious ... underscores the all the hubris and sycophancy that goes with the Obama campaign.

Hilarious? If this is what we have to look forward to from McCain, we may as well just hold the inauguration today. McCain's ads don't have a hint of substance, don't convey a single idea of McCain's, and come across as cynical and bitter.

I love the ad. I hope it runs everywhere.

Has it been approved yet? The traditional "I am John McCain, and I approve..." is not appended, though they have a "paid for by John McCain 2008" message at the bottom. Can I contribute funding for the spread of the video?
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:12 PM   #4
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Can I contribute funding for the spread of the video?
Yes. Send it to me and I will forward the post to all my firends.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:23 PM   #5
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default I am convinced that McCain

Quote:

is not interested in being president and neither are the republicans. I think they set him up to fail. It would be interesting to hear as to the reasons why.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:27 PM   #6
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

That was idiotic. It shows multiple clips of Obama that portrays Obama in a positive light, then admits that he may be the one, adds some cheesy clips from the Ten Commandments and ends with a clumsy attempt at sarcasm. It makes Obama look good and makes McCain look like an ass.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #7
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

That is an unbelievably bad ad for McCain. Seriously. If I was John McCain, I would fire that ad writer immediately and whoever else approved that ad. You spend the entire ad talking about Obama (even with a short clip from the 10 commandments) and then you end with saying 'He may be the one...but is he ready' ? Seriously that is a McCain ad? If I were Obama, I would acually laugh, call up McCain and ask if he is even going to try and win this election.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #8
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
That is an unbelievably bad ad for McCain. Seriously. If I was John McCain, I would fire that ad writer immediately and whoever else approved that ad. You spend the entire ad talking about Obama (even with a short clip from the 10 commandments) and then you end with saying 'He may be the one...but is he ready' ? Seriously that is a McCain ad? If I were Obama, I would acually laugh, call up McCain and ask if he is even going to try and win this election.
There are people like Tex who think this is his best ad yet. Fortunately, people like Tex appear to be running McCain's campaign into the ground. Keep it coming!
Old 08-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #9
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

The punchline wasn't the greatest, but the ad was hilarious. I don't think those clips put him in a positive light at all ... "we're the ones we've been waiting for"? Really?

For those complaining that it wasn't a substance ad: duh. It wasn't supposed to be. I think McCain has released something like 5 or 6 negative ads on Obama now. Some are policy-specific and others (like this one) target perception.

I guess we'll see who's right about the effect on the electorate. I don't think Americans tend to love a prima donna.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 08-01-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:05 PM   #10
Cali Coug

Quote:
The punchline wasn't the greatest, but the ad was hilarious. I don't think those clips put him in a positive light at all ... "we're the ones we've been waiting for"? Really?

For those complaining that it wasn't a substance ad: duh. It wasn't supposed to be. I think McCain has released something like 5 or 6 negative ads on Obama now. Some are policy-specific and others (like this one) target perception.

I guess we'll see who's right about the effect on the electorate. I don't think Americans tend to love a prima donna.

Do they love grouchy old men short on substance with an inferiority complex?