cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2008, 04:39 AM   #1
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Rick Springfield cd

Hits store shelves on Tuesday, start lining up now. Ricky boy was my first concert ever, saw him with Quarterflash back in the day. I also saw his show at the MGM a few years back. He got up on a ledge behind the table we were sitting at, reached down and tapped me on the head with his guitar. I thought about getting up and kicking his butt, but with all the 30-something Jessie's Girls in the crowd, I was vastly outnumbered.

Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:46 AM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
Hits store shelves on Tuesday, start lining up now. Ricky boy was my first concert ever, saw him with Quarterflash back in the day. I also saw his show at the MGM a few years back. He got up on a ledge behind the table we were sitting at, reached down and tapped me on the head with his guitar. I thought about getting up and kicking his butt, but with all the 30-something Jessie's Girls in the crowd, I was vastly outnumbered.

What does one do at a Rick Springfield show? I mean, after he opens with Jessie's Girl, does the show officially end or do you just get up quietly and leave?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:53 AM   #3
Runner Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
What does one do at a Rick Springfield show? I mean, after he opens with Jessie's Girl, does the show officially end or do you just get up quietly and leave?
It was that EFX show that David Cassidy did for awhile before turning it over to Dr. Drake. I really don't remember much about it except there was a huge fake dragon. My BIL had tried to drag me to a topless revue instead, but I couldn't do it.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:55 AM   #4
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No way does it end there man. You fasten your seatbelt and get ready for "I've Done Everything For You" and "Don't Talk To Strangers". If you're lucky he digs deep and performs "You Got to Love Somebody".
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:56 AM   #5
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
"Don't Talk To Strangers"
Whoa. I forgot about that gem.

OK, I will stick around for a few more minutes.

Does he come out in his General Hospital doctor outfit?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 07-27-2008, 05:01 AM   #6
Runner Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
No way does it end there man. You fasten your seatbelt and get ready for "I've Done Everything For You" and "Don't Talk To Strangers". If you're lucky he digs deep and performs "You Got to Love Somebody".
And don't forget "Affair of the Heart". That one REALLY gets the panties flying.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:10 AM   #7
TripletDaddy

On a similar note, The Scorpions are playing next week at the OC Fair (there is a concert almost every night, it seems....most of them nostalgia acts). Sammy Hagar is playing, too.

I would absolutely go see the Scorps, but it is on a Sunday, so I am going to miss it all.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:14 AM   #8
Runner Coug

Quote:
On a similar note, The Scorpions are playing next week at the OC Fair (there is a concert almost every night, it seems....most of them nostalgia acts). Sammy Hagar is playing, too.

I would absolutely go see the Scorps, but it is on a Sunday, so I am going to miss it all.
Sammy Hagar sucks.

A Scorps show is fun, as long as they don't do too much of their "newer" stuff. Their peak was Love at First Sting. Savage Amusement had some ok stuff. Anything after that is garbage.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:25 AM   #9
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
Sammy Hagar sucks.

A Scorps show is fun, as long as they don't do too much of their "newer" stuff. Their peak was Love at First Sting. Savage Amusement had some ok stuff. Anything after that is garbage.
I loved Blackout and Animal Magnetism. Love at First Sting was also good.

I don't even know anything beyond that disc, I think. I guess Winds of Change (yawn).

I would totally sing along to I Can't Drive 55 if Hagar were playing. So would you, so stop denying it.

Go on and write me up for 125
Post my face, wanted dead or alive
Take my license and all that jive
I can't drive 55! Oh No!

Admittedly, out of all his songs and discs, those are the only 4 lines I know. I don't care to know more.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:38 AM   #10
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

DDD, has the Regeneration Tour been through Orange County yet?

It's here in SLC August 7. Human League, Belinda Carlisle, ABC, Naked Eyes. Dead or Alive dropped out for some reason.

I've got my tickets and will be there in my purple Izod shirt, Levi 501s (red tab), Sperry top-siders and Aviators.

It will be the most bitchin' concert of the year.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote