cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2008, 11:46 PM   #1
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My review for the latest Indy Jones movie..

I saw it with 3 of my kids and decided that the reviews I've read about it don't cover the important things, so I have one of my own:

Not only is Harrison Ford looking older these days, but it seems that either his head is increasing in size or his torso is shrinking. In the beginning of the movie, he looked like one of those paper-machae heads you see in Mardi Gras parades. It was difficult for me to focus on what was going on because of the grotesque disproportional head:torso ratio.

I think whoever edited the movie must have noticed it too, as sometime after the nuke test scene, he looked more normal. Ford would be wise to buy the editor a really nice Christmas gift for fixing the size of his noggin, because until his head is actually smaller, there's no point in watching the film, as all you can see on the screen is Ford's head.

Karen Allen hasn't aged well. She looked old, fat and unattractive. She definitely looked better in Raiders of the Lost Ark and even better in Animal House. Still, she's not as annoying as Kate Capshaw and I still say that the only reason Capshaw was in one of the movies is because she's banging Spielberg.

The kid trying to act like a young Marlin Brando did ok, but I still think his best work was in The Greatest Game Ever Played. Sure it's a roller coaster ride kind of fun to look for lost treasure, but golf is more relaxing and you'll have a better chance of actually shooting par than getting past indigenous natives with blow guns shooting poisonous darts in real life. Risk taking is fine, but at least understand the risk - death or bogey golf?

So, there's my review of Indy Jones and the Crystal Meth Users From Outer Space. It was fun and worth the matinee price to see it on an afternoon, but it will never be the equal of Raiders.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:49 PM   #2
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Is it fair to have expectations of it being equal to Raiders in the first place?
Old 06-23-2008, 12:01 AM   #3
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Is it fair to have expectations of it being equal to Raiders in the first place?
That is an excellent point. I went into the theater hoping it would be better than Temple of Doom and wasn't disappointed.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:48 AM   #4
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Very funny review IPU. I totally agree with your Karen Allen comments. Indy was slumming big time.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 01:10 AM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

The movie is awful. I expect trash from Lucas. I at least expect entertainment sans art from Spielberg.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:41 AM   #6
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Raiders: 3.5 stars
Temple: 2 stars
Last Crusade: 2 stars
Magical E.T.: 1 star
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote