cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2007, 09:58 PM   #1
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stacy from Wayne's World

I have a Stacy who will not take a clue, will not go away, and shrugs it off when I tell her I date other people.

Any tips?
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:00 PM   #2
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

Moreover, she was shocked - absolutely shocked - that I did not ask her to be my Valentine. She sent text saying she cried herself to sleep.

It's a delicate situation because several months ago she told me she has been suicidal for some time.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:08 PM   #3
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
Moreover, she was shocked - absolutely shocked - that I did not ask her to be my Valentine. She sent text saying she cried herself to sleep.

It's a delicate situation because several months ago she told me she has been suicidal for some time.

Which ute is dating the Marine? If it's you, you don't want her going postal
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:09 PM   #4
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Easy. Tell her you're gay.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:19 PM   #5
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

It's not the marine.

And I have a lesbian friend who said she would pose in kissy photos with me, to drape all over myspace if I wanted.

My former roommate says the solution is to go up her shirt, and either she'll get offended and storm off, or not get offended and in that case....party on, Wayne.

But I don't like either idea. Meanwhile I repeat, I've told her I date others, but she just does this nervous, forced laugh and changes the subject. Sometimes I pretend like one of our phones has a bad reception, by speaking as though I am breaking up, and suddenly hang up and turn my phone off.

Then she'll call the next day and ask why I didn't call her back. I'll say because I had to get ready for my date. Again the nervous forced laugh, and she changes the subject.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:30 PM   #6
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Whenever I have a problem like this, I ask myself, "What would George Constanza do?"

I suggest the following: First, take up smoking. If that doesn't work, suggest a menage a trois with her roommate. If she is still around at that point, let her catch you eating food out of the garbage. If all else fails, simply poison her.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:36 PM   #7
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
Whenever I have a problem like this, I ask myself, "What would George Constanza do?"

I suggest the following: First, take up smoking. If that doesn't work, suggest a menage a trois with her roommate. If she is still around at that point, let her catch you eating food out of the garbage. If all else fails, simply poison her.

LOL, I was thinking George too.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:01 PM   #8
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
It's not the marine.

And I have a lesbian friend who said she would pose in kissy photos with me, to drape all over myspace if I wanted.

My former roommate says the solution is to go up her shirt, and either she'll get offended and storm off, or not get offended and in that case....party on, Wayne.

But I don't like either idea. Meanwhile I repeat, I've told her I date others, but she just does this nervous, forced laugh and changes the subject. Sometimes I pretend like one of our phones has a bad reception, by speaking as though I am breaking up, and suddenly hang up and turn my phone off.

Then she'll call the next day and ask why I didn't call her back. I'll say because I had to get ready for my date. Again the nervous forced laugh, and she changes the subject.
I had a girl kinda like that, but she was a girl that I met at a party, got her number, never went out with her or anything else. She seemed cool at first, and went CRAZY after that. She would text me wanting to hang out every night, she would call me when I said no, and then she went absolute nuts when I asked her to stop calling. Finally, I just quit answering. I won't deal with crazy people like that.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:12 PM   #9
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Don't be such a wimp. Tell her flat out that you are not interested and ask her to quit calling you. Then be prepared to have your tires slashed.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:11 AM   #10
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Give her the "just friends" speech and move on and if she persists then just ignore her attempts to contact you.

After awhile she'll find someone else to project her lack of self worth on.