cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road
Default Archaea's Ward

We went to sacrament meeting yesterday morning in Archaea's ward. It happened to be open mike week due to general conference. A sister got up and was bearing her testimony. At one point she said "I know this may offend someone, but I am going to say it anyway..." (that line always gets my attention) "I have not had home teachers or visiting teachers to my home in SIX MONTHS!".

After the meeting, Archaea walked up to me and and I said "Well, Brother Archaea, how are you doing on that home teaching?" But he just gave me a funny look. Perhaps he slept though that one. Or had his nose in his NRSV.

A few Somoans got up and gave lively testimonies. Then this guy with Down's syndrome got up and said "Brothers and Sisters, ALOHA!". Everybody yelled right back at him. He looked thrilled. My kids thought that was great.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:06 PM   #2
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Is Archaea a ward mullah in real life?
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

No, the real reason I didn't say much is because I haven't had a hometeaching visit in two years. I didn't want to one-up the sister. It's a great ward, nobody bothers anybody, not even with home teaching or visiting teaching.

I was impressed when the Samoan sister explained that her children each eat a box of cereal for one breakfast. He explained her children were going on diets.

And the reason for the Down's Syndrome saying that was the Samoans exclaiming "Talofa". Then the sister read the 23d Psalms in Samoan. We also had two Guatamalan sisters stand up.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:36 PM   #4
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
It's a great ward, nobody bothers anybody, not even with home teaching or visiting teaching.
That's impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I was impressed when the Samoan sister explained that her children each eat a box of cereal for one breakfast. He explained her children were going on diets.
Does her son play football? The guy is a mountain.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:38 PM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
That's impressive.

Does her son play football? The guy is a mountain.
He just transferred, so I don't know. They are new to our ward. If he played last year it would have been for a different high school.