cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you or someone you personally know seen a UFO?
I've seen a UFO 4 21.05%
I personally know someone, whom I trust, who has seen a UFO 2 10.53%
I personally know someone, whom I DON'T trust, who has seen a UFO 2 10.53%
No, I have not seen one, nor my personal acquaintances 11 57.89%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2008, 01:25 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Have you or someone you personally know seen a UFO?

poll
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:20 AM   #2
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

As a teenager I was driving north on mainstreet in Layton at night and we saw a light green disc streak northward out of sight. It was probably just some aircraft (it was near Hill Air Force Base), but it was unlike any aircraft light signature we had seen.

No green men, no crop circles, no hot Vulcan chicks.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:38 AM   #3
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

This needed to be a public poll.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:41 AM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

After seeing Close Encounters of the Third Kind, I spent most of the entire summer of '78 looking for UFOs in the night sky by sleeping in the backyard on the trampoline. I gave when 2-a-days started in mid-August because I decided that if I was going to see one, I would have by then.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:57 AM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

As for my answer, my best friend's dad who was a pilot for Delta, has seen something over Homer, Alaska for which he never had an explanation.

I will call my friend's dad tomorrow and ask him to tell me about the sighting again so I can give a more accurate report than what I remember, because this was in '85. My friend's dad had always kept an extremely accurate journal throughout his career as a pilot and he had told us about this sighting by reading exactly what he had written down.

It was fascinating. The only thing that really stands out in my mind was that back then, there was nothing that he knew of that could accelerate or maneuver like what he saw that night.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:19 AM   #6
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

My former boss was JAG at Wright-Patt AFB and he swears the gov't has info on ufo's.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 04:20 AM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
My former boss was JAG at Wright-Patt AFB and he swears the gov't has info on ufo's.
The X-Files already addressed that and now it's off the air.

Coincidence? I think not.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:54 AM   #8
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

I love the anecdotal stories. AS a kid I read the air force's report on UFO's (operation Blue Book) and the novel that the report spawned. Very interesting stuff. There is a lot we can't explain, but all it measn is that they are U, not that they are extra terrestrial.

MY old man was a radar operator in the national guard in SLC. This is back in the early and mid 60s in the middle of the cold war. NORAD took its reposibnility very seriously. He was full of good stories, and most have been proven true. I can still recall him coming home one day and being completely floored by a flight he had tracked that day. He was a little vague because it was secret but over time the details came out. He had tracked a plane going over mach 2 all the way from the Northwest radar handoff to the colorado radar handoff. This was considered impossible at the time and he was very grateful it was one of ours. Later he learned it was the then top secret SR-71 (blackbird).

He also told several stories of UFOs they had tracked. THings that woudl show up and behave in very erratic and unpredictable ways in defiance of the laws of physics. SUper accelrations, changes of directions, incomprehensible speeds, etc. SOme fo these things turned otu to be glitches in the system, some had other explanantions, btu there were a few they could never explain. As a kid I thought this was very cool stuf and really hoped that it was a flying saucer for another world. It's possible it was, I guess, but it is very very unlikely.