cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2008, 10:01 PM   #1
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road
Default Hilarious mormon mommy blog

check it out: http://seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:07 PM   #2
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

But on a more serious note, I think the mormon mommy blog phenomenon is a bad thing. The posts are like daily Christmas letters or the rameumpton. For the sincere and impressionable, reading them only brings on waves of guilt that they are not doing daily crafts with their kids or as happy with their lives.

There are exceptions -- the blogs that deal honestly with the joys and frustrations of life, they can be uplifting and encouraging. But most that I've seen are no more than little rameumptons for insecure mothers to shout how wonderful they and their lives are.

Am I being too judgmental?
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

here's a not so perfect Mormon Mom:
http://granolasdodallas.blogspot.com/

She talks about shitting behind a dumpster in one of her posts. That's about as imperfect as you can get.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:35 AM   #4
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
But on a more serious note, I think the mormon mommy blog phenomenon is a bad thing. The posts are like daily Christmas letters or the rameumpton. For the sincere and impressionable, reading them only brings on waves of guilt that they are not doing daily crafts with their kids or as happy with their lives.

There are exceptions -- the blogs that deal honestly with the joys and frustrations of life, they can be uplifting and encouraging. But most that I've seen are no more than little rameumptons for insecure mothers to shout how wonderful they and their lives are.

Maybe a little. I actually do like reading some of my friends' blogs to see what's going with their families and kids. Of course they're going to brag about their kids (I'm not sure I would want to be the kid whose mom posted on the internet about my struggles in school...). As for personal struggles, it just doesn't seem to be very appropriate to share deep intimate trials. I'm all for the daily imperfections and such as it just makes for more interesting reading. Don't take this personally at all, but I do think some of the negative reaction is more a reflection of insecurity on the reader's part rather than any intended boasting.

That said, seriouslysoblessed is hilarious.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:06 AM   #5
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
You have way too much time on your hands.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote