Thread: I dread the day
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #48
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I know you know this. Sooner or later we learn our kids' lives are not all about us; on the contrary, we ultimately are at best supporting actors, certainly not the stars in the dramas of their individual lives. We are force fed the lesson usually by the time they turn 14 (girls often sooner), and optimally we figure it out much sooner, particularly if we want to make them at all in our own image.
Stop it, just stop it. I'm going to blow out a frontal lobe here trying to deal with the inner turmoil you are causing.

I liked you better when you were obsessing over whether or not your child would get into the elite private elementary school (with room enough for a pony). That is the SU I've become accustomed to pointing at and saying, "See, that's exactly what happens to those people."

How did that turn out? I hope he got in.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote