View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 03:47 AM   #12
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Seriously, are there any museums in Utah outside LDS museums? I guess the U of U has a pretty good museum of natural history. Is there an art museum in Salt Lake?
BYU has a natural history museum with cool dinosaur bones and an art museum on campus, although the art museum refused to show Rodin sculptures at one time...I was attending law school at the time, I think. If an art museum refuses to display Rodin, then I kinda wonder how legit it can really be.

We were in Utah for about 8 days last summer and looked for some traditional museums to pass the time. Didn't have a lot of luck. We did go to a fun Children's Science Center kind of place downtown at the Gateway Mall. Not really a museum but a fun interactive playground for kids.

We wound up going to the Hogle Zoo and looking at the Ghost of the Bayou...an albino alligator that was either asleep or almost dead when we walked by and looked into the tank.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote