View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #31
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I will never be prophet, but I have held lesser leadership positions.

This is your axiom, not necessarily a truth, and certainly only relative to context.

Link?
*shrug* It's my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

I happen to believe personal revelation is an intensely personal thing. Does that mean we can't learn from someone else's explanations of how it works for them? No. But there are risks in getting too specific to too large and diverse an audience. When every word you say is scrutinized in detail and essentially carved in stone, there can be misunderstandings or misinterpretation. Some may try to imitate rather than emulate.

Sometimes it's better to teach principles, and let people discover the application themselves.

You can watch and read everything ever produced on the topic of skiing, but until you put your feet on the slope for the first time, you're no better a skier than the person who knows nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarobgon View Post
While it was disappointing that my mission president, Carlos Amado, was not called even though he has served as a member Q of 70 for 20+ years, I just don’t see the institutional racism you see within the church. I am a Mexican American (not by name only, but, I actually look the part) who lives in the Pacific NW and most often than not, I am the only one in my meetings who people may consider a “minority”. I don’t recall an occasion when I experienced the “institutional racism” you believe exists.
Fusnik's is fairly petty complaint. It was just an off-the-cuff response to a pretty tough question to answer. Kinda unfair to pick it apart like that.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote