View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 05:33 PM   #45
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me just add another comment. I love music, and I think most of LDS music is boring or bad or both. I am fully supportive of Req's goal and frustration. That having been said, you guys are just too hard on the bishop. Being a bishop is very very difficult. You get pulled a lot of ways and you just can't please everyone. Believe it or not, this sort of issue is exactly the type that people get worked up about. I find it amusing that MW thinks people won'[t speak up about this sort of thing as, within my experience, this is exactly the sort of thing that people get very exercised about. PLay a trumpet in sacrament and you can guarantee the bishop will get a lot of calls about it and too few if any will be positive. SO take it easy on the guy and just work reasonably to change the approach. Also, when you hear or see something you like in Sacrament, make sure you give the bishop positive feedback so he knows there are people out there that like it and he has something to balance against the complaints.

I am now off to the mountains.