View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 04:36 PM   #14
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Regarding this punishment for others' transgressions.

We most definitely are "punished" for Adam's trangression. How? Because we all are subject to death. If Adam hadn't transgressed, he wouldn't have been subject and neither would we. (Then again, we wouldn't be here to begin with.)

We are most definitely not ultimately punished for Adam's transgression because Christ died for all mankind that all of us will be resurrected.

Furthermore, the institution of infant baptism was based on the heretical notion that Adam's transgression cause children to be sinful and so they had to be baptized as soon as possible before they died or they would be doomed to Hell.

If you truly understand the Plan of Salvation, the lack of Melchizedek Priesthood for the Jews, priesthood for blacks and so on and so forth were and are not impediments standing in the way of their eternal salvation; they were merely restrictions on the blessings they could receive in this life and the level of participation they could have in God's church. There's an important difference between the two.

To invoke the 2nd Article of Faith is simply erroneous.
I can certainly understand the need to believe that God will make everything right in the next life. Whether or not that is erroneous, I'm not sure. I hope it's true though. I'll take fickle in this life for fairness in the next. If the scriptures are to be believed, it doesn't look good.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote