View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 04:21 PM   #21
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
Well I have changed churches, so I guess you have to ask which one. The one now has fairly autonomous leadership, so I would have to ask a really old timer. I was raised Catholic and, generally the Catholic Church is ahead of the curve on social issues, though I don't know, specifically on that bill. JFK, a Catholic, started the ball rolling, for what its worth.

That is not the point, however. The LDS church claims to have a direct line to God. I belong to a church that is run by group of elders (all of them significantly more than 19 years old) that does not make such claims. So not even prodding by the example of law in their home country was even enough to open that line to the correct answer for 14 years. If there was truly a direct line to God I think they should have a had a leadership role in getting such measures passed, rather than lagging by half a generation.
So what church do you belong to? It seems fair that if you are going to honestly criticize the LDS Church, you should allow others to return the favor.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote