View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 06:05 PM   #17
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

The story on Hill is that he's been an exciting runner who is injury prone, but who also has never been a reliable passer. Several experts now like former coach Bellotti on Saturday and now Travor Matich and others have pointed out that he hasn't learned how to place the ball where the receiver is going to be. Instead he prefers to have a wide open receiver stand and wait for the ball. That's typical of a QB who has relied on his legs and never learned the finer techniques of the passing game. But unlike many runner QBs like him, he actually does have a strong arm. He's just never learned how to use it effectively. And now that he doesn't seem to have the same explosiveness on the ground that he had before this last injury, the total package is very much lacking. I love his passion for the game, but even that doesn't seem the same this year. It's time to give Mangum a chance. The offensive line has issues, but perhaps contrary to popular opinion, I actually think Hill's hesitation in the pocket and then taking off running too early is making the line look worse than it is.