View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 05:40 AM   #107
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I'm just glad that I didn't for more than a few hours have to bear the stigma of authoring the most arrogant message in the history of this board. And my record smashed to smithereens in the very self-same thread! If Il Padrino has never been shot at while putting his life on the line for others what jaw dropping hubris to put himself on a higher moral plain than 31 of the slain at Virginia Tech. I'm thoroughly disgusted. He owes a huge debt to Waters for the civics and moral lesson he received from him tonight. Pearls before swine, I venture.
If you were on campus and knew that this dude was planning a killing, would you do something about it? I don't think the VT incident is a fair comparison with Iraq, because we're talking about Iraqis with the knowledge of the bad intentions of certain people living among them. To make the comparison fair, you would have to give the students knowledge of the killers intentions. I guarantee he wouldn't have killed anyone because any decent person with knowledge of murders about to happen, would have notified the proper authorities. He would have been stopped before he could have gotten started. Still not a great comparison, but closer than what was presented previously.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote