View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 11:17 PM   #19
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Clearly you don't know what the word "racist" means. You were the first to use it. You were the one who said opposition to public financing of NBA arenas (which is why the Sonics left Seattle, BTW, because a vast majority of Seattle residents feel just like I do) means you're racist. Ergo, your point must have been if you oppose public financing for NBA arenas you are against people not of your race, presumably blacks. Of course you meant black since we are talking about the NBA. How many Asian or Hispanic NBA players are there?

Have you ever been to an NBA game? I don't see a lot of black fans there. I see mostly white high rollers on expense accounts. Who gets hurt most when there is less funding for public schools? The poor do, and they are disproportionately black. It's perverse you turn this discussion into if your're against subsidizing owners (most of whom are overgrown kids) and multi-millionaire pro athlests, you're against minorities.

If you think I was angry you're mistaken. But I don't take being called racist lightly, especially when in doing so the accuser engages in a classic form of racism himself. If you call someone a racist you'd better have the goods on them, because I think those should always be fighing words. If you think it's no big deal, you need to reflect.
Yes, I have been to an NBA game...in Los Angeles, where there are plenty of black people. I guess Seattle does not have a big black population? I dont know. It seems like you are saying that either Seattle has a small black population or that Seattle blacks do not have the money to go to the Key. Either way, that sounds sort of racist...or at the very least, ignorant.

Look, no matter how much you flail about, it doesnt change the fact that your premise is flawed, you showed your racist hand by insinuating that the fans of local NBA teams add little or nothing to the community, and then suggesting that you see mostly white high rollers at NBA games....based on what sample size? How many arenas and in what cities? Name an NBA game you have attended that was not in SLC or Seattle.

If you dont want to be called a racist, don't act like one.

On a side note, what are you guys doing for the Fourth? BBQ?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote