View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 11:01 PM   #17
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
A few things about your diatribe....

1. I never said anything about blacks. In this entire discussion, you are the first to name blacks. Perhaps it is your latent racism coming to the surface? It would not surprise me, but many of your posts have had racist underpinnings to them. I guess for you it sucks to get called out on it.

2. This thread was a discussion of public v private financing. You are the one who has shifted the tone.

Once you started getting your butt kicked on the facts, you started to back peddle. First you punked out by saying, "Well, hey, maybe Kobe doesnt make 30M and maybe the Lakers are a bad example....but you still get my point..." You fail to admit that you have no real source for your entire thread (other than that random blurb). Very stubborn and not intellectually honest, quite frankly. A simple..."My bad, I screwed up my facts" would go a long way.

Next, 8Ball chimes in with yet another example of a privately financed stadium, not necessarily to contradict you, but to add to the conversation... you have no response for that, either. Interestingly, even as of right now, you have yet to cite a single example of the subsidized stadia to which you continually refer. We have named 2 to the contrary.

Finally, when your thread is revealed to be a house of cards, you stop the back peddling and change the topic entirely...."Oh, yeah....well what do fans of the NBA contribute to society?....."

Exactly who are these fans that you are referring to that are non-contributors? What race are they? Are they rich white season ticket holders? Or are they the Joe punchclocks....white, black, latino....that you find to be a drag on civic progress?

I think this is the first time you and I have gone the rounds on this board and quite frankly, it wasnt even that hard. Maybe because it was a sports category, which would be like competing against Hellen Keller in a game of darts. If you want to go the rounds, be more prepared. Breaking down by the second or third page of the thread and getting angry is rank amateur. You blow your wad too quickly. SeattleUte. I am sure your wife would agree.

Stick to making things up about religion. You are much more believable in that category.
Clearly you don't know what the word "racist" means. You were the first to use it. You were the one who said opposition to public financing of NBA arenas (which is why the Sonics left Seattle, BTW, because a vast majority of Seattle residents feel just like I do) means you're racist. Ergo, your point must have been if you oppose public financing for NBA arenas you are against people not of your race, presumably blacks. Of course you meant black since we are talking about the NBA. How many Asian or Hispanic NBA players are there?

Have you ever been to an NBA game? I don't see a lot of black fans there. I see mostly white high rollers on expense accounts. Who gets hurt most when there is less funding for public schools? The poor do, and they are disproportionately black. It's perverse you turn this discussion into if your're against subsidizing owners (most of whom are overgrown kids) and multi-millionaire pro athlests, you're against minorities.

If you think I was angry you're mistaken. But I don't take being called racist lightly, especially when in doing so the accuser engages in a classic form of racism himself. If you call someone a racist you'd better have the goods on them, because I think those should always be fighing words. If you think it's no big deal, you need to reflect.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote