View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #16
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I have not stated that at all. If you have read both threads, I stated very early on that SU needed to make an example of a player that plays in a subsidized building. SU not only incorrectly inflated Kobe's salary, but didnt even have his facts straight.

Read his premise. It is incorrect.

Kobe's salary is not paid by our tax dollars.

If you are now changing the parameters of the poll, then re-state and give me a fair chance to weigh in.

You voted in this poll. Perhaps you can enlighten us as to how:

1. Kobe is making 30M
2. His salary is paid by tax dollars.

Or do you simply vote without thinking?
If Kobe had no teams to play and no teams existed to visit Staples or no other teams could afford to pay players anything comparable to Kobe's pay because all teams existed in a pure "capitalist" system and had to make a bottom line like most of us do, do you think Kobe would make $21 million or whatever his salary is? They all feed from the same trough.

In any event, here are about 250,000 google hits about public financing of Staples. I doubt your office building was financied with municipal bonds uless you work at Staples or the airport.

http://www.google.com/search?source=...=Google+Search

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote