View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #17
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacCoug View Post
Even the apostles officially recognize this now. If you still don't, time to get in line with the Brethren and stop being purposefully ignorant about this issue.
Adopting a gay lifestyle is a choice. This idea that the Brethren are on board with the not-a-choice-crowd is one of the more pernicious falsehoods propagated on this board, not to mention reflective of rampant wishful thinking.

What the Brethren have said--and I agree with--is that the temptation or weakness of homosexual feelings may be something someone is born with. But they have never acknowledge that a person is "born gay" in the sense you mean it.

I quote Elder Oaks, responding to his (hypothetical) gay 17-year-old son:

Quote:
I think it’s important for you to understand that homosexuality, which you’ve spoken of, is not a noun that describes a condition. It’s an adjective that describes feelings or behavior. I encourage you, as you struggle with these challenges, not to think of yourself as a ‘something’ or ‘another,’ except that you’re a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and you’re my son, and that you’re struggling with challenges.
http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/...der-attraction

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 02-24-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote