View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 03:29 AM   #61
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Oh this is fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Santos views Seattle as a jerk and a lawyer, not certain which he detests more. It appears lawyers more, but in past discussions it is clear, because he refuses to understand how lawyers operate and how we can separate ourselves from our personal morality when addressing the morality of our clients, that he finds the mere fact of advocacy for a person he considers immoral, an immoral act.
Yawn, no I don't refuse to understand how you operate or how you can seperate your morality from your clients. Yes I get it. I hate lawyers for lots of other reasons. Who doesn't hate lawyers?

Quote:
Thus, Seattle suffers from the double whammy of advocating, an immoral act in and of itself, a non Church position, another immoral act.
No, I've read SU's posts for years. Through all of it I've yet to see any redeeming qualities, including the alleged humor Lebowski sees in him. Has nothing to do with his laywerness.

However, if there is a double whammy in his anti-Mormon bitterness and the lawyerness it's in this. You lawyers never care for what is right. You never care what the truth is. You make your case using whichever means you have access to, be it dishonest, illogical, inconsistent, unethical, untrue, fabricated, or irrelevant. If it works you use it. I do find that lawyerlike trait in SU extra annoying, on top his anti-Mormon jerkness.

Quote:
It seems that neither wish or could befriend somebody who isn't friendly toward or respectful of the Church. There are probably many people who share that view. There, it's clear as mud to this befuddled soul.
I'm not the close-minded Mormon defender that Rocky is, but I might have trouble being friends with a person whose primary agenda is their bitterness, disrespect, and disdain towards Mormons and actively, constantly ad-nauseumly attacks and belittles Mormons on every issue. SU is one of a kind for me. Of the thousands of internet personalities I've met, he's numero uno in the Mormon-hating jerk category.

P.S. the bit about morals you have completely misunderstood. I never said or meant to imply I think my morals are better than SU's. I'm not one of those self-righteous Mormons. I said he has no defined beliefs or moral SYSTEM, meaning something he'll commit to and not stray from. i.e. he'll go from science loving atheist to God fearing disciple whichever is best to use in an argument to crack on Mormons.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote