View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 05:10 PM   #10
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Yeah but the machinery of Harvard is used by liberal candidates, and especially the liberal professors go out of their way to support them. So professors with a more conservative agenda are supposed to remain quiet?

Official capacity should be neutral but the expectation that only liberal, radicals are allowed political activity is offensive.
Amen and amen. When at Marist, in a political discussion that was not related to the class (Psycology 101) I mentioned that I had voted (by absentee ballot) for Reagan in the '84 election, I was immediately bombarded with ridicule, scorn and insults from other students and the instructor. It got to the point that a week later after enduring snide comments every day from the instructor that I finally dropped the class and filed a complaint with the department head which he deemed not that big a deal.

Now, I agree that those at BYU who did this shouldn't use their position at a university to do so. However, the Globe is a liberal newspaper that is using it's position in the world of journalism to bitch about a Republican's religious affiliation which violates their nonexistent neutrality ethic, which, IMO, is no better than the weenies at BYU.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote