View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 02:39 PM   #2
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
It was part of Draper Trail Day. They had a 4, 6, 10 and 15 mile route. I wanted to do the 15, but the closing ceremonies for my boy's baseball league were at 10:00, so I had to just do the 10 miler.

I really had a good time. I've gotta work on the hills, though. I was getting my trash kicked during the first 3-4 miles, so I slowed down a bit. I passed quite a few people who had to walk, so I think I managed it about right. Tried to pick up a bit of speed on the downhills, and took a bit of a pounding. Ended up turning my right ankle twice and my left ankle once, but they're not sore today, so no harm done. I went for an 8 miler this morning (I'm a sinner), to get my legs loose, and they feel great.

I'm definitely going to get into the trail running more. I loved it. I did get lost a bit and ended up going 10.6 miles instead of 10, so my results were skewed. There were a couple of guys I know I was ahead of who were at the finish line when I got there, so I obviously missed a turn somewhere. I didn't really care, though, I enjoyed the extra mileage. I had no idea trail running is so much fun.
Trail running is a lot of fun, but you have to expect to run up steep hills and hurt. I think you have the makings of an ultra marathoner. You should consider building up to one.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote