View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 04:27 PM   #4
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuegote View Post
I loved leg 5. Going up Avon pass was the hardest part. I wore my heart monitor and my heart rate was at 168-170 almost the whole time. I averaged 11:30 minute miles.

My "midnight run" was amazing. I couldn't believe how hard I was pushing myself. I'm not the fastest guy but i did 9:30 minute miles and to me that's pretty fast. I kept telling myself "I can't keep this up for the hour," but I did.

The third leg was worth running the first two. That downhill was awesome. I really pushed myself and ran the fastest miles of my life. When it finally flattened out I was still keeping a pretty good pace.

I'm already signed up for next year. So much fun.
Avon pass was tough. I had a hard time not falling over afterwards. I've gotta work on doing hills better. There was a film crew that stayed with me for almost a mile, taking pictures and video. I'd like to see that video to see how bad I looked.

My second leg was not good. The guys in my van told me it looked like I was limping while I ran. My pace was 9:46/mile. It felt like someone was stabbing my foot with every step I took. I wanted to die.

The third leg was the best, I agree. I got down the mountain at 7:12/mile, which is beyond ridiculous. It sucked when that leg flattened out. I don't know if you noticed, but on that leg there was a campaign sign for some politician and it looked just like one of the Ragnar signs that pointed which way to turn. When I got to that sign and figured out it wasn't telling me to turn and I still had three blocks to go, that sucked.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote